Limerick families are ‘crying out for houses’

first_imgPrint Limerick’s National Camogie League double header to be streamed live Linkedin Email Vanishing Ireland podcast documenting interviews with people over 70’s, looking for volunteers to share their stories WATCH: “Everyone is fighting so hard to get on” – Pat Ryan on competitive camogie squads RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHOR NewsLocal NewsLimerick families are ‘crying out for houses’By Alan Jacques – October 30, 2014 516 Advertisement Limerick Artist ‘Willzee’ releases new Music Video – “A Dream of Peace” center_img TAGSCllr Séighin Ó CeallaighlimerickLimerick City and County CouncilSinn Fein Facebook Twitter WhatsApp Predictions on the future of learning discussed at Limerick Lifelong Learning Festival Cllr Seighin O CeallaighLIMERICK city and county Council has been asked to supply councillors in the Metropolitan area with a list of vacant or boarded up houses, and their estimated time of completion.According to City East comhairleoir Séighin Ó Ceallaigh, local people in are crying out for houses, with many families going homeless in the city.Sign up for the weekly Limerick Post newsletter Sign Up The Sinn Fein local representative said that people need to be re-assured there is a plan in place to ensure that houses are provided as soon as possible. The most efficient way of doing this, he believes, is by allocating vacant houses to those on the social housing list.“Houses can remain vacant or boarded up for months throughout the city, and this at a time when there are many people living with relatives or in emergency accommodation. This is an issue of urgent importance and needs to be addressed and resolved immediately,” said Cmhlr Ó Ceallaigh.“Boarding up houses can lead to a much larger renovation cost and an increase in anti-social behaviour in the area. Often items are stolen including pipes and heating systems.“When a house is boarded up, quite often it is broken into ransacked, and the damage then has to be repaired before the house is allocated,” he claimed. Previous articleFormer Andersen plant offers opportunity to RathkealeNext articleUnemployed in Limerick are ‘harassed’ by Government’s dole cut threat Alan Jacqueshttp://www.limerickpost.ie Limerick Ladies National Football League opener to be streamed livelast_img read more

Read More
Chukwueze rejects N14b Liverpool move

first_imgRelatedPosts Super Eagles stars model new national team jersey Bale completes Tottenham return from Real Madrid Live stream Premier League, La Liga, Serie A on Showmax Pro this weekend Liverpool allegedly had a bid rejected for Villarreal winger Samuel Chukwueze. At the beginning of the year, Jurgen Klopp was successful with his effort to bring Takumi Minamino to Anfield, which proved to be his only piece of business. However, according to France Football, the Merseyside giants attempted to make another addition to the final third last month. The report claimed that the Premier League giants were willing to part with £30m in order to sign Chukwueze, who has contributed three goals from 22 La Liga appearances this season. Despite his lack of return during the current campaign, Villarreal turned down the bid for a player who is said to have £55 million release clause. The 20-year-old has also received interest from Chelsea and is reported to have a £55 million release clause in his current contract that expires in 2023.Tags: Jurgen KloppLa LigaSamuel ChukwuezeVillareallast_img read more

Read More