Cuba J “Bill” Anson

first_imgCuba J “Bill” Anson, of West Harrison, Indiana, passed away October 9, 2017 in Dillsboro, Indiana.He was born October 2, 1918 in Perry County, IN, son of the late Henry and Minnie AnsonBill served his country in WWII, as a member of the United States Army.He worked as a Manager for Lincoln Income Life, retiring after over 21 years of service. Bill had previously worked as a foreman on the Southern Railway.He was a member of member of Holman Christian Union Church. Bill was the President of Gideons International Bible Association in Dearborn and Ohio counties. He was a member of New Albany Masonic lodge #79, as well as a member of the Eastern Star. When he was young, Bill enjoyed hunting, fishing, sketching and painting. He had played bass guitar in a band. Bill also enjoyed working on lawnmowers, Most of all, he enjoyed joking and laughing.Surviving are daughter, Helena (Robert) Schildknecht of Crestwood, KY, son, Paul Badger of Sellersburg, IN; step-children, Angee (Brad) Ellis of Guilford, IN, Maureen “Jody” Ward (Ron Hanner) of Greensburg, IN, Jeff (Johnanna) McCormick of West Harrison, IN; 11 grandchildren, and 13 great grandchildren special friend, Millie Craft.He was preceded in death by his parents, his first wife,  Jean Lorraine Carr Badger Anson, his second wife, Thelma Kirby Anson, and his son, Gene Badger.Friends will be received Thursday, October 12, 2017, 10:30 am – 11:30 am at Rullman Hunger funeral home, Aurora, Indiana. Services will be held at the funeral home October 12, 2017 at 11:30 am with Pastor Michael Addison officiating.Interment will follow in the Graceland Memorial Park, New Albany, IN. Military services will follow the funeral services.Contributions may be made to the Holman Christian Union Church. If unable to attend services, please call the funeral home office at (812) 926-1450 and we will notify the family of your donation with a card.Visit: www.rullmans.comlast_img read more

Read More
October 22, 2017 Police Blotter

first_imgOctober 22, 2017 Police Blotter 102217 Batesville Police Blotter102217 Decatur County EMS Report102217 Decatur County Fire Report102217 Decatur County Jail Report102217 Decatur County Law Reportlast_img

Read More
Holcomb visits flood-ravaged areas in southern Indiana

first_imgAurora, In. — Indiana Governor Eric Holcomb visited flood-ravaged southern Indiana Monday. “We want the leadership, the families who are making their way here in Dearborn County, to know that we’re gonna be here every step of the way,” said Holcomb. “We’re not just here today.”The trip began in Jefferson County and ended in the town of Aurora where the governor met with leaders and flood victims.Holcomb said, “Just how resilient folks are. This is a reminder of who we are as a people,” said Holcomb. “When you go through something like this, you tend to set your own self-interest aside and you start to worry about your neighbor’s interest.”Dearborn and Switzerland Counties are among the 18 counties in Indiana that have been declared disaster areas.Officials say schools in affected areas will remain closed until damage assessments can be completed.last_img read more

Read More
Sunman-Dearborn principal and staff earn national, state honor

first_imgSunman, In. — Sunman Dearborn principal, Matt Maple, and his staff earned their 1st designation as one of 15 other Indiana “Schools to Watch” who have received this state and national recognition as an exemplary middle school. Nationally they join over 450 middle level (grades 5 – 9) designated “Schools to Watch.” This designation requires a year long process of completing the application and meeting all 4 domains of the “Schools to Watch” criteria of Academic Excellence, Developmental Responsiveness, Social Equity, and Organizational Support and Processes with supporting evidence from their curriculum and schedule.In addition these schools become mentor schools state-wide and nationally for any middle level schools who are seeking help as a school or in any of the domains of criteria. These schools are prepared for visits and networking of any kind. IMLEA has trained over 50 administrators and teachers in Indiana in the STW criteria so that they are prepared to review applications, participate in site visits, and mentor other IN middle schools. All “Schools to Watch” must go through re-designation every 3 years to ensure the continued validity of the designation.Teams from new and re-designated schools will attend the National Forum to Accelerate Middle Grades Reform’s Summer Conference in June of 2018 in Arlington, VA. They will present a session highlighting a program or practice at their school for other states’ attendees; spend an hour with an IN legislator on the “Hill” advocating for middle school best practices; attend the sessions presented by other national STW, and attend a gala dinner and brunch to publicly receive their engraved awards..last_img read more

Read More
Bulldogs Winning Against Pirates

first_imgBatesville defeated Greensburg 3-2 on Monday to improve their record to 5-0 on the season and 2-0 in the EIAC.#1 Singles- Lleyton Ratcliffe defeated Trevor Foster 6-2, 7-5#2 Singles- Sam Giesting defeated Brett Stringer 6-3, 4-6, 6-2#3 Singles- Adam Scott defeated Charlie Pumphrey 6-3, 4-6, 6-3#1 Doubles- George Ritter/Cooper Williams were defeated by Logan Smith/Ben Duerstock 7-6(5), 5-7, 2-6#2 Doubles- Ben Rodgers/Brayden Worthington were defeated by Sam Bower/Isaac Tebbe, 1-6, 3-6.\\In JV, Batesville won 3-0. Lane Oesterling won in singles while the doubles teams of Jonathan Hoff/Seth Gausman and Sam Voegele/Grant Story were also winners.Batesville will play at East Central at 4:00 on Tuesday.Courtesy of Bulldogs Coach Mike McKinney.last_img read more

Read More
Coat drive underway in Franklin County

first_imgBrookville, In. The United Way of Franklin County is collecting winter coats for the less fortunate.Coats can be dropped off at Jim True Ford, George’s Pharmacy, First Financial Bank, Franklin County Middle School and the Brookville Elementary School. Preferred sizes are 5 through 16.last_img

Read More
St. Nick’s Trojans Get W’s From St. Louis Cardinals

first_imgThe St. Nicholas Trojans 5th and 6th Grade Boys’ Basketball teams hosted the St. Louis Cardinals Tuesday evening.  The 5th grade Trojans team was victorious in a tight game over the Cardinals 44-41.  The 6th grade Trojans also notched another victory defeating the Cardinals 27-16.Courtesy of Trojans Coach David Hoff.St. Louis 5th grade boys basketball played at St. Nicholas Tuesday night. St. Nicholas was able to end the first quarter ahead 10-14. St. Louis out scored St. Nicholas the second quarter but St. Nicholas kept the lead at halftime with a score of 24-23. St. Louis rallied back and ended the third quarter tied up at 36. It was a hard fought fourth quarter, but St. Nicholas was able to come away with the win at 44-41. Jaiden Kuria scored 15 points, Tyler Reder had 11 points, Caleb Mohr had 6 points, Ben Greiwe had 5 points and Jack Freeland had 4 points. The 5th grade Cardinals play again Monday at home against Laurel.Courtesy of Cardinals Coach Tim Reder.The Cardinals took on the Trojans of St. Nicholas on Tuesday, November 20th at St. Nicholas.  The Cardinals ended up losing by a final score of 27-16.  The Cardinals were down at halftime by a score of 17-6.  The boys played with a lot of heart and hustle in the second half would have been right in the game if a few of their shots would have fallen.  The Cardinals placed 4 players in the scoring column led by Ben Miller with 12 points, Adam Meer with 2 points, and Ryan Duerstock and Sam Laloge with 1 point.  The Cardinals did a great job of rebounding and were led by Laloge’s 8 rebounds.  Duerstock and Max Amberger finished with 6 rebounds while Meer notched 5 rebounds.  Others collecting rebounds were Christian Mack, Max Richardson, Zavier Tekulve, and Mark Meneses.  The boys are back in action on Monday, November 26th when they host Laurel at 6:00 pm.Courtesy of Cardinals Coach Ryan Tekulve.last_img read more

Read More
La Liga goalie returns to training after recovering from COVID-19

first_img Loading… Alex Remiro has returned to training with his Real Sociedad teammates after having recovered from coronavirus.Advertisement The Spanish shot-stopper tested positive when La Real tested their players, so he was required to stay at home isolated on Friday.The specifics of the test indicated that Remiro didn’t have the virus, but he was still in the process of recovering from it and removing it from his system.Read Also: Ronaldo reveals what he admires about long-time rival MessiWith little possibility of transmission to other players, after a few days he has been allowed back into the facility to start his own training.Everything thus indicates that Remiro had been subjected to a second test on Tuesday and that it brought back a completely negative result.FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享 center_img Promoted Content6 Incredibly Strange Facts About Hurricanes10 Absurd Ideas That Made Their Inventors Millions8 Superfoods For Growing Hair Back And Stimulating Its Growth10 Stargazing Locations To ‘Connect With Nature’Can Playing Too Many Video Games Hurt Your Body?11 Most Immersive Game To Play On Your Table TopBest & Worst Celebrity Endorsed Games Ever Made7 Ways To Understand Your Girlfriend Better7 Black Hole Facts That Will Change Your View Of The Universe10 Hyper-Realistic 3D Street Art By OdeithHow They Made Little Simba Look So Lifelike in ‘The Lion King’7 Truly Incredible Facts About Black Holeslast_img read more

Read More
Liverpool manager expects Premier League return to be ‘intense’

first_img “We have to do it, unfortunately, without the best boost in the world and the best kick in your ass in the right moment in the world, from the Anfield crowd. “That’s how it is. I never understood in life why you always want things you don’t have, you cannot have. In this moment we cannot have that, so let’s take the rest and make the absolute best of it.” Some figures in English football have criticised the return to training as being too early – with Watford captain Troy Deeney saying he will not take part due to health concerns for his infant son – but Klopp feels that now is the right time. He said: “Nobody wants to bring anybody into danger, but I think with all the things we know about, sticking to the social distancing rule – especially in the first part – with testing as often as possible and stuff like this, the players will be safe. “Germany showed it already – a couple of players had a positive test during the long period, they trained for five weeks and now they play already, stuff like this and they had altogether 10 or 12 positive tests. I hope that we are now in England on the right side of the thing as well. read also:Man Utd step up pursuit of Koulibaly after ahead of Liverpool’s transfer interest “It’s all about when – but you need to re-open step by step different parts of life again. Everybody agrees about that, it’s only about when. It’s now a good moment to do it. Then other things, for sure, will follow.” FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享 Promoted Content7 Black Hole Facts That Will Change Your View Of The Universe7 Ways To Understand Your Girlfriend Better10 Risky Jobs Some Women Do7 Mind-Boggling Facts About Black HolesTop 6 Iconic Supercar MoviesThe Most Exciting Cities In The World To VisitA Hurricane Can Be As Powerful As 10 Atomic BombsTop 10 Most Romantic Nations In The WorldThe Highest Paid Football Players In The WorldWhich Country Is The Most Romantic In The World?6 Major TV Characters We Were Relieved To See Leaving The ShowCouples Who Celebrated Their Union In A Unique, Unforgettable Way Jurgen Klopp is relishing the prospect of getting his Liverpool squad back on the training ground but knows they must be ready to go all-out when the Premier League finally resumes. Jurgen Klopp’s Liverpool side are unbeaten at Anfield this term but along with the rest of the Premier League may have to play without any supporters in their ground next term The English top-flight was halted in March amid the coronavirus pandemic, leaving the Reds two wins shy of their first league title in 30 years. Klopp’s charges will return to training on Wednesday, albeit initially in small groups. “I was over the moon, I would say,” Klopp told the club’s official website when asked how he felt about his players getting back to work at Melwood. “I couldn’t wait for a while now, so I am really happy that we are able to do this again – going back to Melwood, having small group training and stuff like this. “It will be intense, for the coaches especially because a lot of players in small groups means a lot of sessions, but we’ve had enough time to rest so we will be fine. Can’t wait.” On Tuesday it was announced that coronavirus tests carried out on 748 Premier League players and staff returned six positive results across three clubs, with no names disclosed. It is hoped fixtures could recommence in June, with Klopp calling on his side to be ready to hit the ground running. “When we start, it goes really again for everything. The competition will make the intensity,” he said. “So, it’s not about, ‘Oh, Liverpool have to win two games’. By the way, we have to win two games when we start – it’s not ‘only two’, it’s two. It’s not less or more. “We have to win them, it’s not that we want to win the last two or whatever and come through somehow. We want to play the best possible football, better than other teams fighting for the Champions League, fighting to stay in the league.center_img Loading… last_img read more

Read More
LaMelo Ball fails in bid for Aussie basketball team

first_imgNBA prospect LaMelo Ball’s hopes of owning an Australian professional basketball team were stolen away Wednesday as a rival consortium swooped on the Illawarra Hawks.Advertisement Ball’s business manager had previously said the purchase of the team, based in Wollongong south of Sydney, was a “done deal” but on Wednesday the Aussie league confirmed the licence had gone elsewhere.The National Basketball League confirmed a group including former Philadelphia 76ers general manager Bryan Colangelo had won the licence for the team, beating out Ball’s bid.The 18-year-old point guard’s brief stint at the Hawks last year helped him solidify his 2020 NBA Draft top pick contender status, and the NBL’s owner thanked him for his ongoing support.“The decision in choosing the right owners was not an easy one,” NBL owner Larry Kestelman said in a statement.“I would like, in particular, to thank LaMelo Ball and his organisation for the support and interest shown in wanting to achieve the best outcome for the team.”The team’s name will also change to just the “Hawks” as part of the deal.The successful consortium also includes former Sydney Kings co-owner Dorry Kordahi and US business man Michael Proctor.Colangelo said the group were thrilled at winning the tender and that Ball’s time there proved the growing allure of Australian basketball.“LaMelo Ball, among others, serves as a great example of just how influential the NBL has become on a global basis,” he said.NBA prospect Lamelo Ball played for the Hawks in Australia last yearRead Also: World 100m champion faces suspension after new missed testBall went to Australia last August and averaged 17.0 points, 7.5 rebounds and 7.0 assists in 12 games with the Hawks before a foot injury ended his NBL season.The American also donated a month of his Hawks salary to victims of the bushfires that ravaged Australia in late 2019 and early 2020.FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享 Loading…last_img read more

Read More